India currently sends about 5,000 telegrams a day. The same telegram that was pioneered in 1837 by Samuel Morse. Telegram service is scheduled to end ‘next month’ according to the article and India’s system is the last of its type – this will be the last telegram sent. Peak telegram for India was 60 million telegrams per year with a distribution network of 45,000 offices – and that occurred in 1985, a dozen years after Motorola first developed the cell phone.
Top Posts & Pages
- Goldratt's The Goal: Chapter by Chapter Review
- How to Win Friends and Influence People: Chapter by Chapter Review of Dale Carnegie's Best Book
- The Goal - Chapter 11 - Dependent Events & Statistical Fluctuations
- How to Win Friends and Influence People: Part 1, Ch 1 - PRINCIPLE 1 - "Don’t criticize, condemn or complain."
- Seven Red Lines (aka "The Expert"): The Transcript
- Decoupling and Influence: Universities, Faculty Face China Accusations
- Better Writing, Better Communication; 10 Years, 300 Posts, 200,000 Words – 4 Steps to Success
- COVID-19: Website Communication from Pennsylvania, Michigan, Florida, Texas, and Georgia – Could the Florida Message be So good it saved lives?