India currently sends about 5,000 telegrams a day. The same telegram that was pioneered in 1837 by Samuel Morse. Telegram service is scheduled to end ‘next month’ according to the article and India’s system is the last of its type – this will be the last telegram sent. Peak telegram for India was 60 million telegrams per year with a distribution network of 45,000 offices – and that occurred in 1985, a dozen years after Motorola first developed the cell phone.
Top Posts & Pages
- Goldratt's The Goal: Chapter by Chapter Review
- How to Win Friends and Influence People: Chapter by Chapter Review of Dale Carnegie's Best Book
- Goldratt's Major Concepts in The Goal: The Foundations of Theory of Constraints
- Seven Red Lines (aka "The Expert"): The Transcript
- Carnegie 12.3.03: PRINCIPLE 3 If you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.- “If You’re Wrong, Admit It”