India currently sends about 5,000 telegrams a day. The same telegram that was pioneered in 1837 by Samuel Morse. Telegram service is scheduled to end ‘next month’ according to the article and India’s system is the last of its type – this will be the last telegram sent. Peak telegram for India was 60 million telegrams per year with a distribution network of 45,000 offices – and that occurred in 1985, a dozen years after Motorola first developed the cell phone.
Top Posts & Pages
- How to Win Friends and Influence People: Chapter by Chapter Review of Dale Carnegie's Best Book
- Goldratt's The Goal: Chapter by Chapter Review
- Seven Red Lines (aka "The Expert"): The Transcript
- Goldratt's Major Concepts in The Goal: The Foundations of Theory of Constraints
- How to Win Friends and Influence People: Pt 1, Ch 3 - PRINCIPLE 3 Arouse in the other person an eager want - “He Who Can Do This Has the Whole World with Him. He Who Cannot Walks a Lonely Way”