India currently sends about 5,000 telegrams a day. The same telegram that was pioneered in 1837 by Samuel Morse. Telegram service is scheduled to end ‘next month’ according to the article and India’s system is the last of its type – this will be the last telegram sent. Peak telegram for India was 60 million telegrams per year with a distribution network of 45,000 offices – and that occurred in 1985, a dozen years after Motorola first developed the cell phone.
Top Posts & Pages
- Goldratt's The Goal: Chapter by Chapter Review
- How to Win Friends and Influence People: Chapter by Chapter Review of Dale Carnegie's Best Book
- Seven Red Lines (aka "The Expert"): The Transcript
- The Goal - Chapter 28 - Cutting the Batch Size
- Carnegie 28.4.7: How to Win Friends and Influence People - PRINCIPLE 7 Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to.- Give a Dog a Good Name
- Better Writing, Better Communication; 10 Years, 300 Posts, 200,000 Words – 4 Steps to Success
- COVID-19: Website Communication from Pennsylvania, Michigan, Florida, Texas, and Georgia – Could the Florida Message be So good it saved lives?
- COVID-19: Understanding Mortality Rates from California and the California Coronavirus COVID-19 Statewide Update