Top Posts & Pages
- Goldratt's The Goal: Chapter by Chapter Review
- How to Win Friends and Influence People: Chapter by Chapter Review of Dale Carnegie's Best Book
- Seven Red Lines (aka "The Expert"): The Transcript
- How to Win Friends and Influence People: Part 1, Ch 1 - PRINCIPLE 1 - "Don’t criticize, condemn or complain."
- The Goal - Chapter 11 - Dependent Events & Statistical Fluctuations
- Decoupling and Influence: Universities, Faculty Face China Accusations
- Better Writing, Better Communication; 10 Years, 300 Posts, 200,000 Words – 4 Steps to Success
- COVID-19: Website Communication from Pennsylvania, Michigan, Florida, Texas, and Georgia – Could the Florida Message be So good it saved lives?
Author Archives: flybrand1976
Universities and faculty face accusations about improper relationships with China that will drive decoupling. Continue reading
What began as an undirected attempt to share my observations on domains where my background is unique, has shifted to taking those unique perspectives and applying them systematically to broader areas of society which attract a larger readership. Continue reading
COVID-19: Website Communication from Pennsylvania, Michigan, Florida, Texas, and Georgia – Could the Florida Message be So good it saved lives?
Florida’s COVID-19 mantra, “Safe. Smart. Step by step.” is so clear and supported with their protection of the elderly that it likely saved lives. Continue reading
COVID-19: Understanding Mortality Rates from California and the California Coronavirus COVID-19 Statewide Update
95% of deaths come from those 50 and older in the top five states; New York, New Jersey, Illinois, Massachusetts, and California. Continue reading
COVID-19 Kills Senior Citizens: Mortality Reporting from New York, New Jersey, Illinois and Massachusetts
New York, New Jersey, Illinois and Massachusetts represent the four states with the highest number of diagnosed cases of corona virus infection, 51% of all US diagnosed cases, and 57% of the deaths. … In Massachusetts #C19 will be the third leading cause of death in 2020 with a mortality rate of 70 per 100,000, and a rate of 1,009 for those 70 and older. Continue reading
Massachusetts circulates a great daily report on C19 every day at 4 PM – the “COVID-19 Dashboard” is posted every day and contains a very detailed, 30+ page summary of the State’s Covid response reporting. It must be very difficult … Continue reading
The 4,840 deaths to date in Massachusetts, when adjusted by the current population of 6,939,373 and then back to the standard method shows a mortality rate of 69.7. Continue reading
There is an enormous amount of confusion around Covid-19. The data is confusing. Media and personal interpretation make it more confusing. It is hard to understand what is really happening, and without knowing reality, it is hard to know how … Continue reading
Thanks to the Chartstravaganza by @PlanMaestro and Germany’s Christian Drosten who directs the Institute of Virology at the Charité Hospital in Berlin for providing this background information. Infectious disease is confusing. When Goldratt wrote The Goal, the hero Alex Rogo … Continue reading