Continuing to look at how states message the Covid-19 pandemic from the earlier review of the top 5 states by number of citizens with a positive diagnosis, we now look at states 6 – 10; Pennsylvania, Michigan, Florida, Texas and Georgia.
Florida’s COVID-19 mantra, “Safe. Smart. Step by step.” is so clear and supported with their protection of the elderly that it likely saved lives.https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/
- Florida leads the way with more of a ‘marketing style’ message. Yes, they share public health data, but their website has been hands down the clearest.
- Florida’s messaging is so clear, and supported by the Massachusetts mortality numbers, that it changed my personal messaging – “Protect the elderly.”
- Many states have the de facto ‘Public Health’ style update; here are the numbers, make of them what you will.
- None of the states have made an attempt to report on ‘Recoveries’ – which would be a compelling aspect to focus on from a marketing standpoint and alignment of public incentive.
Pennsylvania – Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Good mapping.
- Very few slogans, one that shows up is; “It Takes All of Us to Fight COVID-19”
Michigan – Coronavirus / Michigan Data
- Daily data
- ‘Public Health’ driven
Florida – Florida COVID-19 Response
- Very clear
- Focused on action, not data
- Florida’s COVID-19 slogan, “Safe. Smart. Step by step.” is the clearest of any state
- Could the power of Florida’s messaging be good enough to have saved lives?
- The Texas site is a bit more visually confusing – it doesn’t have the data front and center, rather the message is more about ‘opening up.’
Georgia – COVID-19 Daily Status Report
- Georgia Department of Public Health Daily Status Report
- This is a pure Public Health update from the get go.