DTNS’s 2016 prediction show, #2657, was published on December 31, 2015 and along with the diverse group of hosts, there was a broad range of predictions in many areas.
- Virtual reality dominated from an air time standpoint. With multiple big companies and startups working in this area, it becomes easier to look at use cases and make real predictions.
- Software bots and intelligence beyond the current digital assistants (Google Now, Siri and Cortana) will emerge as a trend.
- Cyber attacks – their possibility and consequences.
- Gaming – Nintendo will accelerate the launch of the NX.
- Facebook – will be active in search (or not).
- Drones – there will be unintended consequences in the US FAA’s drone registration plans.
- Uber – regulatory concerns about whether or not drivers are employers will continue and eventually become a Federal issue.
- Quantum computing – new evidence of performance will emerge and could cause new regulations about import / export of this equipment.
I’ve logged the full breadth of the predictions in the same google sheet I’d used for past episodes.