Top Posts & Pages
- Goldratt's The Goal: Chapter by Chapter Review
- How to Win Friends and Influence People: Chapter by Chapter Review of Dale Carnegie's Best Book
- Seven Red Lines (aka "The Expert"): The Transcript
- How to Win Friends and Influence People: Part 1, Ch 1 - PRINCIPLE 1 - "Don’t criticize, condemn or complain."
- The Goal - Chapter 11 - Dependent Events & Statistical Fluctuations
- Decoupling and Influence: Universities, Faculty Face China Accusations
- Better Writing, Better Communication; 10 Years, 300 Posts, 200,000 Words – 4 Steps to Success
- COVID-19: Website Communication from Pennsylvania, Michigan, Florida, Texas, and Georgia – Could the Florida Message be So good it saved lives?
Category Archives: VC
The meadow voles we found each morning in our traps were tiny, hardy animals who endured the weighing and tagging before being re-released. There were thousands of them in the fields of Blandy Farm or Mountain Lake, the field research … Continue reading
After listening to six years of tech prediction shows – it seemed only fair to add my own predictions based on industrial and slower moving technologies. I’m attempting to follow the rules as laid out by DTNS and the observations made … Continue reading
GigaOm’s article on green energy snake oil highlights the challenges faced by investors in any industrial technology. We’re not investors, but over the past six years of applying our process and equipment in this industrial technology space, we have certainly seen many unusual … Continue reading
Pat Duggins’ book Final Countdown, which documents NASA’s move to shutdown the Space Shuttle Program repeats an important aviation and aerospace maxim: The mission should define the vehicle, not the vehicle define the mission. Apollo’s mission was to put a … Continue reading
The fees that LPs pay to venture capitalists will only change if a top-tier VC fund volunteers to give its investors a discount. We’ll never know what would have happened had Andreessen Horowitz taken a different tact with their donations … Continue reading
This document was originally composed as part of the Carolina Venture Fellows program in 2004. It was also used by Parish Capital in some of our early marketing materials. Introduction: The universe of emerging manager private equity fund-of-funds is both … Continue reading