Top Posts & Pages
- Goldratt's The Goal: Chapter by Chapter Review
- How to Win Friends and Influence People: Pt 1, Ch 3 - PRINCIPLE 3 Arouse in the other person an eager want - “He Who Can Do This Has the Whole World with Him. He Who Cannot Walks a Lonely Way”
- Seven Red Lines (aka "The Expert"): The Transcript
- SeaBase Coral Reef Sailing - What is it? What do they actually do? What should I bring? How does sleeping work?
- Moore’s Crossing the Chasm Ch 04: “Target the Point of Attack"
- Visit New England! 7 Day / 8 Night New England Trip Based out of Church Landing at Mill Falls Resort in Meredith, NH
- Supply Chain and Manufacturing in the News: May 2022 – Baby Formula, Food Supply Chains, Chinese Lockdowns, and American Semiconductor Production
- Supply Chain & Manufacturing Stories in the News: March – April 2022
Category Archives: Trust
Book Review: Charles T. Munger’s Poor Charlie’s Almanack: Expanded Third Edition; Introduction and First Chapter
“Look for someone both smarter and wiser than you are.” Continue reading
Carnegie’s work is masterpiece of self-help and persuasive writing. This book is short – and I highly recommend reading it directly if this summary and review piques your curiosity. His story telling and educational skills are so great that he … Continue reading
Carnegie 21.3.12: How to Win Friends and Influence People -PRINCIPLE 12 Throw down a challenge. Pages 228 – 231 Appeal to people’s nobler vision (as called out in Principle 10), and then enlist them in the challenge of achieving it. … Continue reading
Carnegie 19.3.10: How to Win Friends and Influence People – PRINCIPLE 10 Appeal to the nobler motives.
Carnegie 19.3.10: How to Win Friends and Influence People – PRINCIPLE 10 Appeal to the nobler motives. Pages 217 – 222 Insults that start with, “You *just* want to…” are vicious. In them, the aggressor calls out that the other … Continue reading
Carnegie 06.2.3: How to Win Friends and Influence People: Pt 2, Chapter 6 – PRINCIPLE 3 Remember that a person’s name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language. – “If You Don’t Do This, You Are Headed for Trouble”
People love their own names. Make use of that. Continue reading
Carnegie 04.2.1: How to Win Friends and Influence People – PRINCIPLE 1 Become genuinely interested in other people – “Do This and You’ll Be Welcome Anywhere”
The chapter title is, “Do This and You’ll Be Welcome Anywhere”, which Carnegie answers with – PRINCIPLE 1 Become genuinely interested in other people. Best Quote(s) “I love my audience. I love my audience.” “I love being here,” is a … Continue reading
Communicating across cultures can be hard – these 8 simple tools make it easier. Continue reading
There are many great political and social points in Catton’s histories of the American Civil War. In his 1961 book The Coming Fury, he discusses how Southern plantation authors were going to Union generals and asking to have their slaves returned. … Continue reading