Top Posts & Pages
- Goldratt's The Goal: Chapter by Chapter Review
- How to Win Friends and Influence People: Pt 1, Ch 3 - PRINCIPLE 3 Arouse in the other person an eager want - “He Who Can Do This Has the Whole World with Him. He Who Cannot Walks a Lonely Way”
- Seven Red Lines (aka "The Expert"): The Transcript
- SeaBase Coral Reef Sailing - What is it? What do they actually do? What should I bring? How does sleeping work?
- Moore’s Crossing the Chasm Ch 04: “Target the Point of Attack"
- Visit New England! 7 Day / 8 Night New England Trip Based out of Church Landing at Mill Falls Resort in Meredith, NH
- Supply Chain and Manufacturing in the News: May 2022 – Baby Formula, Food Supply Chains, Chinese Lockdowns, and American Semiconductor Production
- Supply Chain & Manufacturing Stories in the News: March – April 2022
Tag Archives: Management
When new technologies arise there is a real desire to create a Disruptive Product(TM), to focus on the new and to avoid simply making a better version of the current market leader. Don’t fall into that trap. It is almost … Continue reading
The question caught me off guard. My interviews after resigning in October ‘16 were split between pure startups (IoT, Industrial, Fiber and Filtration related mostly), where having had the CEO title was enough, and bigger companies / past customers (mostly … Continue reading
The current business has experienced pleasant success despite a challenging market. We grew our ASP from $40,000 by nearly 20x, increased our industrial installation base by similar numbers and have figured out how to grow in a long sales cycle market. … Continue reading
Names can create power. Finding an existing accepted name is even more helpful. I encountered a management challenge that has been hard to name. After circling the problem for a few weeks, I opened up Pirie’s, How to Win Every … Continue reading
In our management meetings the other week, we talked about what we want our teams to look like. Running our commercial organization, my ideal team needs to reflect the needs of the market and be able to help our customers … Continue reading
A very smart friend who runs his own management assessment firm is in the process of figuring out his next steps after a well earned sabbatical. He’s trying to address challenges that businesses have in recruiting and matching their needs … Continue reading